he Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung (BAM) is a senior scientific and technical Federal institute with responsibility to the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action. It tests, researches and advises to protect people, the environment and material goods.
Safety creates markets. BAM sets and represents high standards for safety in technology and chemistry for Germany and for its global markets, to further develop the successful “Made in Germany” culture of quality. BAM fulfils this role through its dedicated employees.
Around 1,600 people from about 50 nations work at BAM.
BAM’s roles and responsibilities
According to its founding decree, BAM is responsible for the
- Further development of safety in technology and chemistry
- Implementation and evaluation of physical and chemical tests of materials and facilities, including the preparation of reference processes and reference materials
- Promotion of knowledge and technology transfer within the BAM’s areas of work
- Cooperation in the development of statutory regulations, for example concerning the setting of safety standards and limits
- Advice to the Federal Government, industry, and national and international organisations in the fields of material technology and chemistry.
Role of BAM in Euro-MIC
Grant Holder insitution
Action Chair insitution
Unter den Eichen 87
Berlin, Berlin 12205